I'm reviving (again) development of my own platformer arcade (and engine) that I've tried to start numerous times.
Currently, there are 3 versions and unfinished attempt to create game similar to Stack Attack game from Siemens phones.
So, I've created yet another one, where some features have been implemented:
Things to implement
Updated at 20180903
Now, it seems that generating site with script isn't somewhat funny. It's like configuring dwm on linux, you know it lacks of configuration file, all of settings are set in the header file in compile-time. You've changed shortcut - recompile, restart; you want to add parameter - recompile, restart. So my situation looks almost same and also I'm too lazy for doing some automation or even keeping site on some hosting (even my own) and tracking with cvs. "Why? I'll only need to edit site on my laptop" Hmm, I think not.
Also, I'm going to install Ubuntu 8.04 (for some reasons, exactly this version) on virtual machine and do some research like «is it possible to use it for everyday work» and «can I browse at least neocities from there»
Join the null ring. This project is mine, and nuthead is highly likely same person you're reading now.
Thank you, Opera version 12. Even passed away you've helped me.
I'm not sure if redistribution is freely allowed, so reminding that all rights to this files belong to Opera software
A bit of primitive old-fashioned breakbeat (909 and distorted acid howls included)
Then VBScript + Windows Scripting Host is your best option for everyday development without any distractions.
Balmer mode off
Well, I've just written an article with some VBS examples.
Finally I've sorted out almost everything and ready for kinda soft reset for this place. I've got domain for external stuff requiring https like file hosting/service and, probably, for mirroring this site. Freeavailabledomains was extra unreliable or I've been doing it wrong, with noip/dyndns I've endlessly screwed up with manual domain renewal.
And I've started implementing generator (using jinja and nih-formatted plaintext files for posts) for this site as I stated here, it's a bit more complicated although I can get rid of some boilerplate work. This rework also has broken all links, but I don't think any living form has used it at least once.
Also I have no idea how to rework other pages and organize shit I'm keeping here. «Do you have a plan, Mr. Ake?» - «Nope»
Invaders have flown in and published this post here
— Fixed player images pre-loading
— Redone remotestorage so it became really RESTful
— Redone authorization for journal posting page
A bit of old demos
Recently I thought about «format» of this site and have concluded that I'm not able to combine some aspects and creating new one will be good enough idea. I've not decided will I link/mention it as it's going to be less neutral, more accented on blog stuff and there will probably be some questionable (that inappropriate here IMO) content.
Firendly reminder for myself — implement this + rewrite sticked post.
Finally I made custom gui for html5 audio.
Track credit goes to mnm.fm
HTML playground (probably with localStorage saves)
Screenshot gallery (or something like this)
Yet another redesign attempt or journal redesign or special dump for web mockups
Added the web audio drum machine. Drum samples are hosted in other place, used source: VEXST Amen Drum Kit. Select drum in the top row and build a pattern, tempo and distortion rate also can be adjusted.
I'm reworking site structure, probably it will be broken today.
Well, I was almost right when said that I will edit posts manually anyway. AC adapter of my old faithful notebook eventually malfunctioned, so I've had to took my spare pc, eeepc-like netbook, as replacement.
This situation was predictable for 6-8 year old notebook, so now I have to look for proper replacement. There are two candidates: Acer TravelMate TMP259-MG-39WS and Lenovo Ideapad 520-15 and also two cheaper alternatives: ASUS K501UQ and Lenovo 310-15
Back to raw distorted «dodgy» big-beat sound.
This seems to be the first time when this page was created by generator rather than me *S&H noises are getting louder* May be that will be also the last one. Writing posts in yaml is more friendly (but you still should quote post body 'cause there are corner brackets in it), but writing post a day manually is too easy anyway. The main things that «add post slackery» affects is dates/timestamps, also it would be nice to add permalinks (can become useful somewhen).
Also I'm thinking about new page contains guides/articles about linux and/or coding.
Idea: to use hash for permalinks
Slightly changed section links and made page for writing posts to journal (I have no idea why i need two distinct «blogs», that one is more like proof-of-concept with content hosted separately in the other place)
This compilation of animated overlays, glitching backgrounds, hovers, event-driven sounds in site design is freakin' attractive.
Decided to use cool font (unfortunately it's not Comic Sans) because "not only all can has" Trebuchet on their computers, I've seen that even on preview. At least it doesn't looks like ШГ, but also doesn't have any other glyphs than latin-1, as I see.
Added fresh loops and demos to misc section.
So after several days of me remaining in hesitation, I've implemented kinda generic backend for this site and some other ideas. It provides methods similar to localStorage, but it's server-side and has some security additions. Now, it's used by old new miniblog and managed by control page.
At the moment I'm going also rework this page (built upon my own home-made-kewl-component-web-framework) or combine it with master version.
Because it's too lazy for me to edit static pages or use some generator (unless self-written), so this gonna be kinda little CMS.